“Ayyyeee!!! Turn Up!!! Turn Up!!!! Ayyyeee!!!” That gotta be the most common caption and phrase you hear from everybody these days. Just about every picture someone post on Instagram says, “Turn Up” but majority of those captions don’t even fit the description. I’m talking about people be all in the mirror taking pictures getting ready of church saying “#ChurchFlow…Turn Up!” On their way to a funeral saying “#RIPFlow…Turn Up!” Be in the hospital laying in a hospital bed saying “#SickFlow…Turn Up!” Those are not exactly “Turn Up” movements, in case you didn’t know. The crazy part about it all is that you can’t even put an age range on the people who actually use the terminology. People’s grandma be in nursing home ready for their pudding, in wheelchairs saying “Turn Up”. Like really, granny? Can you even stand up? I really don’t know who came up with the clever idea and thought process of “Turn Up”. Oh and believe me, it’s very clever and a catchy phrase. I have said it a few times myself. People just took it to a whole new level though. It doesn’t even really have the same meaning no more.
So it’s the weekend and you wanna “turn up”… cool, fine. Turn up! But now its a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday and you still been out turning up and got the nerve to ask “Turn Down for what??” Have you even seen your kids? Better yet, how about have your kids even seen you? It’s a million and one reason why you should turn down and even shut up. I’ll share a few:
1. If every time you’re getting ready and your kid says “turn down mommy, turn down for me” It’s time to turn down!
2. Your job is in jeopardy because missing too many days at work since you can’t get up from turning up. It’s time to turn down!
3. You can’t hardly pay your bills, im talking lights, gas, phones are currently but can find a way to a club everyday. It’s time to turn down.
4. You’re suffering from an injury that resulted you to wear any type of brace, you can hardly feel your face and still tryna hit the club. It’s time to turn down!
5. If you’re pregnant and steady hitting the club during your entire 9 months of being pregnant. You definitely need to turn down!
That’s only a few reasons, there’s so many more and if you need to know them all contact directly. Let’s not misuse or abuse the phrase “Turn Up”. Turn up reasonably people!