Scandal is back! Scandal is back! I am so excited, I have been waiting for this day ever since that one fateful word: “Dad?” Yes! The gladiators know what I’m talking about.
Alright, for all of you who have not watched Scandal, which I can’t comprehend; it is the latest TV series by Shonda Rhimes the great. It centers on Olivia Pope, played by Kerry Washington. Olivia is a crisis manager. Whenever a celebrity, politician, or any other public figure gets into a scandal, hints the name, they come to Olivia Pope & Associates, better known as her gladiators. They manage the press, work to find out the truth and spin it so that their client comes out as good as possible. They are the absolute best.
I cannot wait to see what happens next. Once again Shonda left us with what I like to call the Scandal gasp. Out of nowhere she just completely short circuits your brain with a plot twist you could have never anticipated. I have been feigning for the next episode from the second the last one ended.
I don’t wanna give too much away, you really need to watch for yourself, but I will give you some key plot points to let you know why we love the show so much.
- Olivia and Fitz have been having an affair on and off since his presidential campaign, they are in love.
- One of the associates, Huck, is a former assassin top secret C.I.A. program for B613. He goes to AA, but his true addiction is to killing. He works tech for Olivia Pope and Associates, but every now and then he has to revisit his past.
- Fitz’s wife Mellie is a real power player. She was a lawyer, but has since fell into her role as First Lady, but not easily. She has her own aspirations of power and can be very manipulative. She has known about Olivia and Fitz for some time and has made it her business to keep them apart. She is not completely stupid, but she loves her husband and being in the White House.
- Cyrus is quite ruthless and there is very little he is not capable of. He and his husband, James, kind of have that in common. James is a reporter and he and Cyrus often end up bumping heads.
- Olivia and the others have a terrible secret that they are fighting hard to keep from being discovered. Yes, worse than having an affair with the President.
Those are just some of the things that got me addicted to this show. Like I said, I don’t wanna give away too much, I’ll just say you need to binge watch this show. But I wouldn’t miss tonite either. You never wanna miss a show. You miss a show and you miss a lot. You can go on Netflix, which has the first 2 seasons, or you can go to your local library and see if they have them.
For those who have seen it I know you can’t wait to see what happens next. So many questions. I won’t even pretend that I know what’s gonna happen next. All I know is when Scandal is on, I better not be disturbed. Just me, Scandal, and my live tweeters. My body is ready!!!!